- Today’s rapidly scaling and increasingly complex products create mounting pressure on delivery teams to release new features and changes quickly and with sufficient quality.
- Many organizations lack the critical capabilities and resources needed to satisfy their growing backlog, jeopardizing product success.
- Delivery quality and throughput go hand in hand. Focus on meeting minimum process and product quality standards first. Improved throughput will eventually follow.
- Business integration is not optional. The business must be involved in guiding delivery efforts, and ongoing validation and verification product changes.
- The software development lifecycle (SDLC) must deliver more than software. Business value is generated through the products and services delivered by your SDLC. Teams must provide the required product support and stakeholders must be willing to participate in the product’s delivery.
Impact and Result
- Standardize your definition of a successful product. Come to an organizational agreement of what defines a high-quality and successful product. Accommodate both business and IT perspectives in your definition.
- Clarify the roles, processes, and tools to support business value delivery and satisfy stakeholder expectations. Indicate where and how key roles are involved throughout product delivery to validate and verify work items and artifacts. Describe how specific techniques and tools are employed to meet stakeholder requirements.
- Focus optimization efforts on most affected stages. Reveal the health of your SDLC from the value delivery, business and technical practice quality standards, discipline, throughput, and governance perspectives with a diagnostic. Identify and roadmap the solutions to overcome the root causes of your diagnostic results.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real-time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this blueprint and what our clients have to say.
Average $ Saved
Average Days Saved
Onsite Workshop: Modernize Your SDLC
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Set Your SDLC Context
- Discuss your quality and product definitions and how quality is interpreted from both business and IT perspectives.
- Review your case for strengthening your SDLC practice.
- Review the current state of your roles, processes, and tools in your organization.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Grounded understanding of products and quality that is accepted across the organization.
- Clear business and IT objectives and metrics that dictate your SDLC practice’s success.
- Defined SDLC current state people, process, and technologies.
Define your products and quality.
- Product and quality definitions.
Define your SDLC objectives.
- SDLC business and technical objectives and vision.
Measure your SDLC effectiveness.
- SDLC metrics.
Define your current SDLC state.
- SDLC capabilities, processes, roles and responsibilities, resourcing model, and tools and technologies.
Module 2: Diagnose Your SDLC
- Discuss the components of your diagnostic framework.
- Review the results of your SDLC diagnostic.
Key Benefits Achieved
- SDLC diagnostic framework tied to your SDLC objectives and definitions.
- Root causes to your SDLC issues and optimization opportunities.
Build your diagnostic framework.
- SDLC diagnostic framework.
Diagnose your SDLC.
- Root causes to SDLC issues and optimization opportunities.
Module 3: Modernize Your SDLC
- Discuss the SDLC practices used in the industry.
- Review the scope and achievability of your SDLC optimization initiatives.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Knowledge of good practices that can improve the effectiveness and efficiency of your SDLC.
- Realistic and achievable SDLC optimization roadmap.
Learn and adopt SDLC good practices.
- Optimization initiatives and target state SDLC practice.
Build your optimization roadmap.
- SDLC optimization roadmap, risks and mitigations, and stakeholder communication flow.