Understanding the differences in IaaS platform agreements, purchasing options, associated value, and risks. What are your options for:
- Upfront or monthly payments
- Commitment discounts
- Support options
- Migration planning and support
IaaS platforms offer similar technical features, but they vary widely on their procurement model. By fully understanding the procurement differences and options, you will be able to purchase wisely, save money both long and short term, and mitigate investment risk.
Most vendors have similar processes and options to buy. Finding a transparent explanation and summary of each platform in a side-by-side review is difficult.
- Are vendor reps being straight forward?
- What are the licensing requirements?
- What discounts or incentives can I negotiate?
- How much do I have to commit to and for how long?
Impact and Result
This project will provide several benefits for both IT and the business. It includes:
- Best IaaS platform to support current and future procurement requirements.
- Right-sized cloud commitment tailored to the organization’s budget.
- Predictable and controllable spend model.
- Flexible and reliable IT infrastructure that supports the lines of business.
- Reduced financial and legal risk.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real-time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this blueprint and what our clients have to say.