- Novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) has thrown organizations around the globe into chaos as they attempt to continue operations while keeping employees safe.
- IT needs to support business continuity – juggling available capacity and ensuring that services are available to end users – without clarity of duration, amid conditions that change daily, on a scale never seen before.
- Security has never been more important than now. But…where to start? What are the top priorities? How do we support remote work while remaining secure?
- There is intense pressure to enable employees to work remotely, as soon as possible. IT is scrambling to enable access, source equipment to stage, and deploy products to employees, many of whom are unfamiliar with working from home.
- There is either too much security to allow people to be productive or too little security to ensure that the organization remains protected and secure.
- These events are unprecedented, and no plan currently exists to sufficiently maintain a viable security posture during this interim new normal.
Impact and Result
- Don’t start from scratch. Leverage your current security framework, processes, and mechanisms but tailor them to accommodate the new way of remote working.
- Address priority security items related to remote work capability and its implications in a logical sequence. Some security components may not be as time sensitive as others.
- Remain diligent! Circumstances may have changed, but the importance of security has not. In fact, IT security is likely more important now than ever before.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real-time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this blueprint and what our clients have to say.