- As IT trends find tangible and commercial purpose in the market, in the form of a killer application or a new practice, it is critical for IT executives to evaluate the implications of change on industry and business strategy.
- IT executives need to avoid running a business that overlooks innovation and falls behind.
- IT leaders need to recognize trends and develop an action plan that will generate business value for their stakeholders.
- Trends in the applications space are quickly evolving due to the strategic impetus to use digital technologies.
- IT executives now realize that they need to assume the roles of the IT manager, business partner, and innovator to deliver value to the IT department, enterprise users, and business.
Impact and Result
Determine how to explore, adopt, and optimize the technology and practice trends in this report by understanding which of the core objective(s) each trend serves:
- Optimize the effectiveness of the IT organization.
- Boost the productivity of the enterprise.
- Enable business growth through technology.